Called to Pray: Daily Prayers for Catholic Schools
Number of pages:
Catholic school teachers often ask for prayer resources they can use in the classroom. Award-winning theology teacher Justin McClain offers more than two hundred original prayers to meet those requests. This collection of short prayers is arranged by school-year-related themes and can be read by a teacher or student. It is filled with fresh, timely, and meaningful prayers that fit well into any classroom schedule.
Called to Pray: Daily Prayers for Catholic Schools is perfect for use with Catholic school students in grades five through twelve. The prayers are organized into six different themes:
- special school occasions such as the first day of school
- prayers for the school community, including administrators, teachers, coaches, support staff, and students
- prayers for friends and family
- holidays and observances such as Earth Day
- liturgical seasons and holy days
- general prayers for the school year
Four types of prayer are included throughout the book—adoration, contrition, petition, and thanksgiving. Some include class responses. Twenty one of the prayers were written by McClain’s students at Bishop McNamara High School in Bowie, Maryland. Traditional Catholic prayers also are included.