Winter Scenes Note Cards: Cathedral Nikon Cha
Holy Trinity Cathedral was completed in 1423 as the main Church of Russia's most famous Monastery, Trinity Saint Sergius, associated with St. Sergius of Radonezh (1314-1392) who inaugurated the community ca. 1340 in what was, at the time, a dense and remote forest wilderness.
The Nikon Chapel was completed in 1548 in honour of an Abbot of the Monastery, Saint Nikon (+1430), who had commissioned Russia's outstanding iconographer, St. Andrei Rublev, to paint the interior of the Trinity Cathedral in 1427-1428.
Single-image package with 16 full-color cards/envelopes.
Printed version available
Forthcoming: Order it now. This product will be available on the 1900/01/01.