Did you know that ordering on our website has never been so easy, secure and fast? As demand is high for our products, this is a quick alternative if you don't have time to wait on the line to speak to one of our customer service agents.
Creative Aging: Rethinking Retirement and Non-Retirement in a Changing World
Marjory Zoet Bankson
Number of pages: 160
Discover Your Unique Gift
"Creative aging is a choice…. If we remember that transition always begins with endings, moves on to a wilderness period of testing and trying, and only then do we reach the beginning of something new, then we can embrace this encore period of life with hope and curiosity, remembering always that it is our true nature to be creative, to be always birthing new ways of sharing our planet together." —from the Epilogue
In a practical and useful way, Marjory Zoet Bankson explores the spiritual dimensions of retirement and aging. She offers creative ways for you to share your gifts and experience, particularly when retirement leaves you questioning who you are when you are no longer defined by your career.
Drawing on stories of people who have reinvented their lives in their older years, Bankson explores the issues you need to address as you move into this generative period of life:
- Release: Letting go of the vocational identity associated with your career or primary work
- Resistance: Feeling stuck, stagnant, resisting change
- Reclaiming: Drawing energy from the past, discovering unused gifts
- Revelation: Forming a new vision of the future
- Crossing Point: Moving from stagnation to generativity
- Risk: Stepping out into the world with new hope
- Relating: Finding or creating new structures for a new kind of work
The item you are trying to add to your cart is a digital book.
Click on the button below to add it to the cart.