Around the World in One Shabbat: Jewish People Celebrate the Sabbath Together
Durga Yael Bernhard
Number of pages: 32
Take your child on a colorful adventure to share the many ways Jewish people celebrate Shabbat around the world. Shabbat Shalom!
- Beginning in an old Jerusalem market Friday morning, shopping for foods to make Shabbat meals special
- Setting a beautiful Sabbath table in Australia Friday afternoon
- Lighting Shabbat candles with a family in Turkey
- Singing zemirot with relatives in Russia
- Making hamotzi as a congregation in the United States
- Parading the Torah scrolls at Shabbat morning services in a synagogue in Germany
- Relaxing in the peace of Shabbat day in Canada
- Enjoying a special Sabbath afternoon meal in Morocco
From Israel to Thailand, from Ethiopia to Argentina, you and your children are invited to share the diverse Sabbath traditions that come alive in Jewish homes and synagogues around the world each week—and to celebrate life with Jewish people everywhere.169134 Durga Yael Bernhard, Durga Yael Berghard
Printed version available
Forthcoming: Order it now. This product will be available on the 2011/02/15.