Anointed in the Spirit High School Catechist Guide
Rita Burns Senseman;
Number of pages: 162
The Catechist Guide provides comprehensive support for catechists as they prepare the candidates for participating in, and reflecting on the sacrament.
The Catechist's Guide offers 10 fully designed 60- to 90-minute sessions. Sessions 1 through 8 prepare the participants to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. Sessions 9 and 10 take place after the celebration and help the newly confirmed reflect on the meaning and significance of the celebration.
The ten session topics are:
- You're a Candidate Now.
- Baptism: Waters of New Life.
- Renewing Baptismal Promises.
- The Laying On of Hands.
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Being Anointed by the Holy Spirit.
- The Eucharist: The Heart of the Church's Life.
- Celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Mystagogy I: Reflecting on the Rite of Confirmation.
- Mystagogy II: Reflecting on God's Word.